Monday, July 8, 2013

Seeded Crispbread

Over the holidays I came across a healthy "Seeded Crispbread" recipe from "Easy Peasy Organics" that I made yesterday to put in the school lunch boxes.  I need some more recipes that aren't just straight biscuits or slice even though home made beats the chemical version at the supermarket I still wanted something a bit savoury so gave these a try.  The verdict from the kids were 10 out of 10 and next time I make them I would just cook them a little bit longer to make the top a bit crisper.  I bought all the ingredients from the bulk supply store "Simply Good" and then when I was making the recipe measured out all the seeds for the next time I make it so it's just a matter of then adding flour, water and oil and the packet of seeds and away I go.

This recipe made three big trays so if you wanted to give it a go you could halve the recipe and make the batch rather than committing to a huge quantity however I think these will be gone in next to no time.

It's pretty simple to make, so first of all you put all your seeds in a bowl, add the flour then the water and oil and mix it together.  I took half of the recipe and placed it on a baking sheet with another baking sheet on top and then rolled it out until it was thin.  I just kept lifting the paper to see how my thickness was going and when I was happy I just got a knife and cut the dough and then popped it on the tray in the oven for 20 mins.  Once it comes out cut it through and put on a cooling rack and into a tupperware container.  I made a tray of small pieces to fit in the little containers for school and then I made some larger ones for afternoon tea.






No comments:

Post a Comment