Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Birthday Waffles

In this family we are heavily into traditions and one of those birthday traditions is to have pancakes, ice cream and maple syrup on your birthday for breakfast.  This year James requested waffles which is basically the pancake mix in the waffle maker.  Sometime last year I picked up the cheap waffle maker from one of those bargain shops that sell appliances etc. and we made a "Belgium Waffle Recipe" however it must have had 500 gms of butter in the recipe and it was way too rich and we haven't had a waffle since.  This morning I searched the internet and came across this recipe which we used and I would have to say it was delicious, sweet enough but not sickly.  I would normally make our own ice cream however I ran out of time given yesterday I had to make 3 dozen cupcakes and ice them for James to take to school today.

So on James 10th Birthday morning we ate Waffles, Ice Cream, Maple Syrup oh yes and a sprinkle of icing sugar to top it off.





2 comments:

  1. What a special start to a birthday! Happy Birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I love waffles, but we don't eat them anymore. however, the idea of a birthday breakfast with waffles sounds very appealing!! It's important to make birthdays special isn't it!

    ReplyDelete