Saturday, March 1, 2014

Piggy Cup Cakes

A few years ago I made some "Piggy Cup Cakes" for a bake stall we had at school for James class and apparently they sold out in record time.  With Sienna's birthday coming up (which was last Thursday) she wanted me to make the Piggy Cup Cakes for her class.  As usual the cake finishing off ended up with me at 9 pm at night trying to ice the cakes only to discover I had run out of icing bags.  I tried using a zip lock bag however when I squeezed it the bag split and icing came pouring out everywhere....a few words were said which I can't repeat here and then a frantic call to my neighbour to get some piping bags.  The bags didn't fit the nozzle I had so I just iced the cakes with a knife instead of doing fancy swirls and this was probably better in the end.

Sienna was thrilled with the cakes and took them school with her on Thursday.  One thing I have learnt is that I need to bake the cakes and freeze them a couple of days before and do the icing the day before.  I can't be too hard on myself given I was making her Rag Quilt and also my sister was in hospital for breast surgery so it was a busy week and stressful week.  Here's the little Piggy Cup Cakes which Sienna was so delighted with.  I think they look a little bit of a cross between a dog and a pig however 8 year olds won't be judging that, they will be eating them.  Although Sienna said that one little girl at school didn't want to eat it because it looked so cute but couldn't resist because everyone was saying how great they tasted.




1 comment: