Thursday, August 20, 2015

Bacon & Leek Quiche with home made pastry

I'm a pretty confident cook however when it comes to pastry I feel a little intimidated by it however yesterday I decided to make a Quiche including making the pastry from scratch.  I mixed the pastry up in the Thermomix and then gave it a quick knead and then popped it into the fridge for a while.


I decided to use this rectangle tin I had rather than a glass bowl and it turned out perfectly.  The kids loved it and I loved it although the whole process takes a while from organizing the pastry, cooking the leek and bacon, grating the cheese and mixing the eggs and milk together.  It feels like it takes half a day to cook and then we sit down to dinner and it's eaten in 5 mins.  The recipe made the large tin plus a single little serve which I cut in half for the kids to take to school today for lunch.

The recipe came from here.



No comments:

Post a Comment